How to Lose 20 to 40 Pounds - Your Why, The Missing Key For Weight Loss Success


What is your WHY?

Now, this may come as a surprise, but I don't recommend using a weight loss goal to motivate yourself. Goals can be helpful but often they are dry, boring, lifeless and not really motivating. As a result, after setting a weight loss goal it is easy to lose motivation for pursuing it, and you can become side-tracked in your weight loss effort. This is why it is important to have a compelling WHY. Your WHY is your reason for enthusiastically recommitting to living a healthier and more slender life each day. Your why provides the motivation, drive, energy and passion for doing whatever you need to do to achieve your WHY and make it a reality. By identifying and crafting a meaningful WHY for yourself, your WHY can serve as an inspiration to help you choose the daily activities which best support you living your healthiest and most fulfilling life.

weight management, weight loss centers, dieting programs,

To help clarify your WHY, it is helpful to identify why you really want to lose weight and live a healthier life. If nothing comes to you right away, use the rocking chair visualization. Imagine that you are sitting in a rocking chair in your living room when you are 105 years old and you have not lost the weight. How will you feel? What will you regret? What opportunities will you have missed?

Crafting your WHY

Let's look at crafting your WHY. If you would like to lose 20 pounds, your WHY might be, "I want to lose 20 pounds so that I feel happier when I look at myself in the mirror and I have more energy to keep up with my grandkids." Or "I want to lose 40 pounds so that when I go to my high school reunion I can wear that attractive dress I saw in the JCPenny Catalog."

Making your Weight Loss WHY Real

Once you have your weight loss WHY, make it a part of your life on a daily basis. Making your WHY rich and vivid in your imagination will keep you excited about sticking to the activities you chose on a daily basis to reach your WHY. Visualize yourself everyday doing what you will be doing once you accomplish your weight loss WHY. Enrich your visualization with details. Ask yourself questions such as, "What kinds of activities am I doing?" "With whom am I spending time?" To inspire yourself, cut out pictures of the outfit you want to buy, or the view you will see when you are healthier and enjoying more outdoor activities. Writing your WHY in the form of an affirmation can be helpful. You might write, "I am enjoying being at my ideal weight and having so much energy." Next, take these pictures and affirmations and post them where you will see them on a daily basis. Putting them in your bathroom, on the ceiling above your bed, and in your car will keep your WHY fresh and present in your consciousness.

With a powerful WHY you will be successfully on your way to weight loss success.

PaleoBurn

Old School New Body

Customized Fat Loss

Loading....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Successful Weight Loss Program
Support by CB Engine